Get results in 2020 with business blogging and ZERO ads
Want to drive interest in your product or service without paying for ads?
Follow my free step-by-step guide to business blogging and watch your website attract more relevant business-to-business (B2B) customers.
- The 30-month mindset
- Pen portraits: your ideal audience
- 5-minute branding
- How much time does blogging take?
- What should you write about?
- The messy first draft
- How many words should a blog post be?
- How to make your writing better
- Blog post images and sizing
- Create videos for your blog
- Add captions (subtitles) to your videos
- How to edit and proofread your own writing
- Get your blog post on Google in <24 hours
- Share your content on social media
- Republish your blogs on LinkedIn and Medium
Did you know?
- Average time to write a blog post: 3 hours 57 minutes
- Average word count of a blog post: 1236 words
If you’re new to the idea of blogging, let’s get some basics out of the way.
- What is a blog?
- How do I create a blog?
- What if I don’t have a website at all?
- What are the benefits of business blogging?
What is a blog?
A blog (from the term ‘web log’) is the part of a website that’s used to publish articles on any given topic.
Individual articles are usually called blog posts.
Blog posts are visually similar to normal web pages and are made up of text, images, video and other features.
Unlike normal web pages, blog posts usually include:
- a named author
- a date of publication
- a section for comments from readers
Blog posts can also contain other items that tend to be found only in this type of content, e.g. social sharing buttons, category labels, links to other recent posts.
How do I create a blog?
There are completely free blogging services available such as Blogger, but if you’re blogging to support your business then it’s far better to run a blog as part of your main website.
If your website uses WordPress or any other such Content Management System (CMS), you’ll be able to start creating blog content straight away.
— John Espirian (@espirian) April 27, 2017
What if I don’t have a website at all?
If you run a business but don’t have a website, think about what potential customers might do if they can’t look you up online.
Often, the answer will be that they look somewhere else. You don’t want that to happen to you.
Learn more: Want to blog? You need a website
What are the benefits of business blogging?
Business blogging can:
- improve your chances of being found on Google
- increase the web traffic to your site
- build more trust with readers
- generate more leads and sales
- reduce your ad spend to ZERO
Did you know?
75% of B2B executives surveyed by Demand Gen agreed that “relevant content that speaks directly to our company” was a crucial aspect of a vendor’s website.
Look at my own stats for evidence of how creating good content on a regular basis has increased my web traffic:
|Year||Blog posts||Page views|
The methods in my business blogging guide helped me become Google UK’s number 1 ranked provider of technical writing services.
I’ve now written 100+ articles for my own site and many more pieces of content for B2B clients.
All of that experience has gone into this business blogging guide. And it’s free!
Did you know?
- 71% of B2B buyers consumed blog content during the purchase process.
- 74% of B2B buyers shared blog posts with their colleagues.
- 78% of B2B buyers consumed 3 or more pieces of content before engaging with a salesperson.
We always use John's blog as a perfect case study of how to blog to get results.
His blogging strategy has firmly built up his reputation and ranking to be number one in his field.
You'd be wise to follow his advice on how you can do the same.
What makes John's blog stand out is that it is purely built on tried and tested fact. It's not just someone's vague opinion but evidence based practical 'how to's to help you build your business online.
I've implemented a tonne already but I can't keep up, the man just keeps dishing out the good stuff!