Helpful B2B content written with a human tone
Would your business benefit from an editorial review and brush-up of the text on your website? It’s quicker and cheaper than investing in a full copywriting project.
Copy Fix costs £799. It’s ideal if you’re on a budget but still want your most important pages to convey the right message.
If you need more than an editorial fix, check out my technical copywriting services:
How well do you write about yourself and your business? Producing something boring means your website visitors will click the Back button.
My content grabs your readers and shows them how your product or service can fix their problems and make their life better.
Blogs & expert articles
Build trust and authority with your audience by publishing well-researched blog posts on your site and expert articles on LinkedIn.
This approach has transformed my copywriting business – and it can do the same for you.
Want to go beyond basic testimonials to create something that helps your customers feel more comfortable buying from you?
Case studies show your real-world authority and give B2B buyers the confidence to invest in your product or service.
What do customers do when they’re frustrated because your product or service doesn’t work the way they expect?
Simple, clear support material will help you retain more loyal customers.
Remember: it’s easier to keep an existing customer than to get a new one.
Why bother hiring a writer?
The internet has changed buyer behaviour. People are making informed decisions based on the quality of information they find online.
If you don’t answer your customers’ questions well, they’ll find someone else who will.
Producing relevant, helpful content will help you:
- earn more customers.
- keep existing customers happy.
- build authority and trust.
B2B buyer behaviour in 2018
- 71% consumed blog content during the purchase process.
- 74% shared blog posts with their colleagues.
- 78% consumed 3 or more pieces of content before engaging with a salesperson.
Creating useful and relevant content is how I’ve taken my own copywriting business to the top of the Google rankings. Search for technical writing services and you’ll see what I mean. If you want results like that for your own business, it’s hard to do it without help.
Thanks for all your hard work John.
This was a very complex piece of work and I think you've done a fantastic job.
Are you an expert in my type of business?
It’s natural that you’d want to work with a writer who’s experienced in your field of business. If you sell widgets, you’d want a widget specialist to create your content, right?
Well, not always.
Sometimes your subject area will be too narrow for you to find an expert writer with relevant experience.
And even if you do find someone with experience in your field, that person might be affected by ‘the curse of knowledge’. It’s when you’re so close to a subject that you find it hard to explain it clearly to others.
This is one of the main reasons that businesses hire a writer – because they need a fresh voice to help them talk about their product or service.
Now, I’m not foolish enough to criticise the value of subject matter expertise. But it’s not the be-all and end-all of choosing the best copywriter.
One of the key strengths of a technical copywriter is that they can quickly understand complex source material and turn it into content that appeals to the target audience. Getting to grips with the subject matter is simply part of the copywriting service.
In my case, I spent over a decade in software and hardware testing for internet service providers. You’d think that meant that I would write only for the IT/broadband market. But no!
Since I set up Espirian in 2009, I’ve written in-depth content for industries including:
- Accountancy – blog post explainers for small businesses & startups.
- Ecommerce – sell sheets for digital payment technology.
- Energy management – user guides for heating and cooling systems.
- Engineering – guides and policy documents for employees.
- Financial services – blog content for accountants.
- Insurance – white papers and magazine articles for global teams.
- IT – web pages, blogs and guides for software companies.
- Manufacturing – web pages about plastic moulding and calibration.
- Recruitment – web pages and brochures for agencies.
- Resource management – user guides for personnel software.
- Television – setup and help pages for programme planners and remote controls.
My clients didn’t come to me because I was an expert in those industries but because I had (and still have!) a track record of delivering clear and effective content. This is why I’ve worked with clients such as Virgin Media, Sky and AXA to name a few.
What else can you do to help?
Clients often start by asking me to write web content and blog posts but then realise I can do more to help them promote their business.
Here are some of the other types of content I can create for you, including:
- White papers: convince your customers with well-researched, long-form content. These are like blog posts with body armour – bigger, stronger and better prepared.
- HR documents: get clarity for your internal staff so that everyone follows the right processes to keep your business compliant.
- Brochures: use the right words and visuals to provide prospects with the sales and marketing material that gets them over the line.
How does it work?
Here’s what happens when you want to hire me to write content for you:
- 1️⃣ Get in touch to discuss your writing needs.
- 2️⃣ Send me a non-disclosure agreement to sign if you wish.
- 3️⃣ Send me a sample of your current content, if you have any.
- 4️⃣ We agree the scope, timescale and price.
- 5️⃣ I work remotely to create content for you.
Are you an employee?
No. I’m self-employed and work from my home office in South Wales. Here’s why that’s good for you:
- no tax or National Insurance
- no training or equipment expenses
- no sick leave or holidays
- no long-term contracts or HR wrangles
Thanks for doing these, and making it so easy for me to sign off also.
Sometimes you get people that try to make it complicated, but you made it such an ease, even with comments and the feedback, so much appreciated.
John has been a huge help on our big email unification project – one of the biggest email projects in the world as far as ISP consolidations go.
A top man and no hesitation to recommend.
What stands out for me is the elegant clarity of John's written communications.
He explains technical issues and complex ideas, pitched at the right level, for his audience and without ambiguity, in a clear, effective manner.
Want a free writing quote?
Ready to save yourself the time and energy of producing your own content? I'm your guy.
Get in touch now for a free, no-obligation quote from the UK's #1 ranked provider of technical writing services: