Here are some results from the ProCopywriters survey since 2016.
- Average day rate for copywriting
- Average annual earnings for freelance copywriters
- Preferred pricing models for copywriting
- Gender pay gap for copywriting
- Full ProCopywriters survey results
- More about copywriting prices
Average day rate for copywriting.
I quote a day rate (currently £500) on my Pricing page as a guide, but my preference is to provide a flat project fee.
Good quality writing is hugely valuable. Pay your copywriter what they’re worth.
Average annual earnings for freelance copywriters.
The typical freelance copywriter earns a decent salary but isn’t swimming in cash.
Preferred pricing models.
Most copywriters prefer flat project fees. This is also my preferred pricing model. Learn more about pricing models
|Year||Flat fee||Per day/hour||Per word|
Gender pay gap for copywriting.
This is the reported gender pay gap for freelance copywriters. Not very cool, especially as most of the best copywriters I know are women, though the gap is narrowing at last.
Full ProCopywriters survey results.
Download past survey results here:
- 2020 ProCopywriters survey
- 2019 ProCopywriters survey
- 2018 ProCopywriters survey
- 2017 ProCopywriters survey
- 2016 ProCopywriters survey
More about copywriting prices.
Buy my book.
Be noticed, remembered and preferred.