I write help content to reduce your support costs
⚡️ Newsflash: user manuals and setup instructions aren’t dead yet!
A lot of my clients deal in niche products and services that still need to be explained to end users, and a good way to do that is through the creation of an online user guide.
Technical writers use many different tools to build their user guides, and my favourite is Madcap Flare. It lets me produce attractive, searchable online help content.
Here’s a sample page from a test version of one of my guides. Try building one of these in Microsoft Word (it won’t work).
What you get with a professionally created user guide
- Branded: visuals can include your logo, fonts and colour scheme
- Searchable: find answers quickly
- Optimised: works well on desktop and mobile
- Multi-format: can be viewed on the web and as a PDF
- Relevant: multiple versions can be created to show or hide certain parts of the content from different users
- Translation-friendly: content is straightforward to translate into other languages
John has become a key member of our R&D team, providing technical documentation for the products we develop.
Taking the time to learn our product range so that he can work efficiently with minimum distribution to the R&D team has made working with him very easy for a fast growing company with little spare resource to tell him what to do.
John's ability to self-manage the process and take ownership of delivery has made it a pleasure to work with him. I would strongly recommend John to anyone.
Too busy to write your own content?
Let me save you the time and energy of producing your own content. I've written content for small and large businesses since 2009, and I'm ready to help you.
Get in touch now for a free quote from the UK's #1 ranked provider of technical writing services: