⚡️ Newsflash: user manuals and setup instructions aren’t dead yet!
A lot of my clients deal in niche products and services that still need to be explained to end users, and a good way to do that is through the creation of an online user guide.
Technical writers use many different tools to build their user guides, and my favourite is Madcap Flare. It lets me produce attractive, searchable online help content.
Here’s a sample page from a test version of one of my guides. Try building one of these in Microsoft Word (it won’t work).
What you get with a professionally created user guide
- 🔍 Branded: visuals can include your logo, fonts and colour scheme
- 🔍 Searchable: find answers quickly
- 🔍 Optimised: works well on desktop and mobile
- 🔍 Multi-format: can be viewed on the web and as a PDF
- 🔍 Relevant: multiple versions can be created to show or hide certain parts of the content from different users
- 🔍 Translation-friendly: content is straightforward to translate into other languages
Let me save you the time and energy of producing your own content. I've written content for small and large businesses since 2009, and I'm ready to help you.
Get in touch now for a free quote from the UK's #1 ranked provider of technical writing services:
Thanks for reading,